Feb 24, 2011

Yummy smoothie!

A friend of mine shared a delicious recipe for smoothies using Thrive foods with me. I modified it just a smidgen.

The THRIVE Very Berry Smoothie

1 1/2 C Mixed FD fruit in blender
Example: 1/8 C FD blueberries
4 chunks FD pineapple
1/3 C FD banana slices
1/2 C apple slices
1/8 C FD raspberries
1/2 C FD strawberries
1/3 C FD mandarin oranges

Add 1 cup water (just enough to cover fruit) and let soak 5 - 10 minutes. (This is the time I usually get my kids bookbags and/or lunches together).

Optional additions:
10-12 frozen grapes
1/2 - 1 cup of cubed melon (whatever you have or like, I cut my melons as soon as they are ripe and put them in a container in the fridge for quick use or snacking)

Add 1 Cup of ice and 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
Blend and enjoy!

Thanks Lisa for the recipe!
To purchase the Thrive fruits listed above or to have me bring some to you for sampling, check out my website. http://www.shelfreliance.com/JenniferManley

1 comment: